Nikita Goossens - author, blogger, journalist
Welcome to my website! I set up my blog ‘Nikita’s World’ at the start of my studies in Journalism in 2018 to have a place to share my writings.
In the meantime I graduated in Journalism magna cum laude, obtained a second Bachelor’s degree in Tourism and Leisure Management (summa cum laude) and became a published author. My debut novel ‘Op zoek’ (which is Dutch for ‘Searching for’) is now available everywhere in Belgium and abroad through online stores. The whole process has been an amazing adventure so far!
This website bundles everything that keeps me busy. So I would say: welcome to my world!
My motto: “Everything is possible, you just have to believe in yourself. Take every chance that comes your way and don’t forget to dream big!”
About my debut novel
The story is about Kate and Noah, who are about to graduate from high school. They are searching for what they want in life, for love but mostly for themselves.
Growing up is not easy and specifically when transitioning from high school to higher education there is a lot of doubt. How will Noah and Kate nevertheless find their place in the world? And how do they do that without losing themselves?
Although the characters are very different, in the end, they are going through the exact same thing. An enjoyable, honest and captivating novel that is fit for everyone. Currently only available in Dutch, but who knows in the future! 😉
Most of my blogposts are in Dutch, but these are the ones in English:
- Black Lives Matter June 4, 2020
- How the lockdown brings us digitally closer together May 3, 2020
- Why International Women’s Day remains so important March 8, 2020
- Review: Jonas Brothers – Happiness Begins Tour February 9, 2020
- Must-see on Netflix: Miss Americana February 2, 2020
- A personal look back on 2019 December 29, 2019
- Body image & self acceptance September 9, 2019
- Young people from all over Europe meet in Porto for ‘Give A Vote’ May 3, 2019
- My trip to New York City April 18, 2019
- The power of imagination December 6, 2018
I also did a blog series on the occasion of International Women’s Day 2021, titled ‘The Inspiring Women Series’, with portraits of women I look up to. Women’s work is still far too often inadequately recognized, which is why I wanted to highlight some inspiring women on my blog. The series features women with different backgrounds, each making history in their own way. You can find the portraits by clicking on the pictures below.